Monday, April 09, 2018

170 lb Military press 1x3,1x2,3x3,48 kg Belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, rear laterals



Such a weird workout. One of those days where I went in with everything 'right' but had a tough one. Felt flat. Slept well, ate and rested well yesterday, easy day at work etc , etc but just felt flat. The weight never felt heavy and was just 'slightly' out of the groove but just enough to make it much harder than it should have been

Looking back now two things stand out :

1) damn deadlifts. they always have a negative effect on my CNS. It seems impossible but this is the third time it's happened.

2) really fast ruck yesterday really tightened up my front panel and I just didn't get it opened enough during the day. The fact that nothing 'hurt' may have contributed. But I was just tight enough to not get under the weight on the walkout and setup.

Never felt like i was carrying the weight back on my torso. Too much in the arms which inhibited my elbow lift- THE key component, Still

the set above was good and set four was even better.

I could feel the tightness in the warmup sets but didn't take the time to really open it up. Won't happen again

Military press
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 1 good
150 x 1 not perfect
160 x 1 same this tipped me off
170 x 3 surprisingly good
       x 2,5 way off
       x 3 x 3  much better but too hard. it should have flown!

set two


48 kg belt squat
x 10, 12, 14, 16

legs were cooked from yesterday!

Floor pushups
2 sets of 37
1 set of 35

these felt good just overall fatigue. fast pace too, 2 min rest/sets

crawls
3 sets of  70

rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 20
strong

BW 170.2.
BF 12.5
W 56.5

ok needed rest day tomorrow

datsit!

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...