Monday, December 11, 2017

160 Military Press, then I go inside

I can't remember the last time I stopped in the middle of a workout. I'm not even sure if I ever have. Usually once I warm up I'm good to go, no matter how poorly I feel going in; but not today

Woke up last night at 1 am with some serious rhomboid pain, probably from working on my training partners mess up lat and shoulder with hands on techniques and a bo stick and I think I just really overworked my lat

got up in the middle of the night to try to roll it out but no joy

About 3 hours of total sleep and lots of pain.
It didn't lessen during the day

Then Glenn called in sick. And i'm supposed to take 190 today

But, rule number one is " don't be greedy" so I accepted it all and told myself I would start and if it didn't go well I would walk

It didn't so I did.

Just NO energy. I didn't want to lift I wanted to nap.

And the shitty thing was is that my groove felt great. I thought perhaps the press motion would help reverse the rolling tightness and it seemed to. But I didn't have any more fuel to spare without adrenaline and there was no way I was going there


Military press
stick x 5
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x3
105 x 1
120 x 1
135 x 1 ( not that easy but good groove)
150 x 1 pretty solid but bar speed slow
160 x 1 pretty stinking hard.

Done.
Pec minor is very tight as is teres. Haven't felt, or moved like this in 4+ years, prior to my TKR and it brought me back there way quick

A place I do not want to be. Nothing is worth that

But I feel better now, some alleve a nap, food and some lacrosse ball work see how I feel on wednesday whether I press  again or speed swing

BW 168.6
BF 12.7
W 56.7

day off tomorrow!

datsit
dfq ( but sometimes you have to just go home til tomrrow)

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...