Saturday, August 12, 2017

52 and 68 kg One Arm Swings, hack squats, horiz wt pushups,P bar handstand, side delts



It was a really strong day. Body felt great, energy was good and the groove was solid and there from the beginning. Focus was on too

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3
44 kg x 3/3
52 kg x 5/5 x 5 ( 5750 lbs)
65 kg x 5/5 x 5 (7500 lbs)

13,250 lbs

Left hand grip gave me a bit of problem ( hence the tape) but only if I tried to accelerate too much. Right grip no problem
BUT  it was definitely a stronger effort than last time. still a ways off from transfering. bell will have to be much higher

Barbell hacks
95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 8
150 x 6

Pushups on horiz p bar
bw x 10
45 lb CB x 10 x 3

no problem. slow and strict reps

Handstands practice on pbars


This was great! I set the bars and bosu up so that I would be able to touch my toes to the ceiling when I was actually vertical! Need to put them another 5 inches closer next time but it was really good practice. I could feel where vertical is again and I had way less trouble getting inverted this time. The bosu is a huge help now. The parallel bar idea, by fellow Iowa Gymnast and legend Bob Dixon was perfect. " you can muscle it more" he said and he was right.

Man, I really think I can get my handstand back, and, other than being able to walk again, this is right at the top of my dream list. :)

Side laterals
3 sets of 15 with 15

slow and strict strong

BW 167.6 !!
BF 11.4
W 57.3

Finally some good numbers . Must have been from the piece of Tracy's birthday cake I had yesterday :)

Ok we'll see how strong tomorrow ruck is

datsit
dfq


No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...