Wednesday, August 02, 2017

24 kg speed swing 16 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, side delts

Nice 95 degree day today. Perfect for 16 min of speed swing work! My heat tolerance is finally kicking in and it wasn't that bad

Off all ketones during my fasting time and had a half a cup of coffee right before the workout. Definitely helped.
But my fitness is definitely up as well and I can feel it. Recovered as well from the top of the peak process and feel good again

24 kg speed swings
87 reps per arm
15:15
16 min
32 sets
256 reps
13,568 lbs

strong as hell! power to the last rep. breathing strong. no double breathing and able to hardstyle breath the whole way as well. doing 8's instead of 10's was a stroke of genius if I do say so myself

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

really took my time and worked the stretch at the bottom of each rep. Having more gas in the tank helped that as well as mentally calming down and not trying to 'get it over' as fast as possible

Embrace the suck :)

Parallel pushups
35
30
35

got my head out of my ass for the last set :)

Side delts
3 sets of 15 slow with 15's
strict and strong

BW 167.6
BF 12 .9 !!! ?
W 56.2

obviously not drinking enough water during the hot afternoons/

short but very hot ruck tomorrow coming up

datsit
DFQ



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not to Shabby tor an old man.

Mark Reifkind said...

still haven't lost your sense of humor I see Scott, lol.

Unknown said...

Not really attempting to be funny. I just know we are all getting older and I was impressed with your efforts for a man who is over 60. You have good strength for 167 pounder and are in great shape. I'm happy for you with the success you are enjoying because I know you are dedicated and work hared. .

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Scott :) Appreciate it. things are very different now that I have two knees that work together. Life is much better

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...