Thursday, June 22, 2017

Heat and Will conditioning ruck

And Rifstonians.

This could be the hardest ruck I've done. I slept great, felt great all day and had no idea that as soon as I strapped on my 50 lb ruck ( decided not to go with 45 to make up for missing Sunday)  my legs and lungs would start to yell at me immediately.

Plus the heat. 96 degrees plus at 1 pm and the sun pretty much directly overhead. No breeze. Hot as Fuck. I thought I was in better shape for this but I am not. At least not today. Pace was decent but I had to stop at least once per lap to rest on laps 4,5 and 6.

And it didn't help much either. Legs actually loosened up but I was struggling for breath with my HR at 145 + the whole time. Back was tired under the ruck too. But there was nothing serious to deal with other than I just didn't want to do it and it was hard. Oh well. One step at a time. Into an ice shower right after. Cold never felt so good.

Sundays illness or whatever really kicked my  ass it seemed.

But it didn't kill me so I must be stronger

50 lb ruck
6 laps
60 min
no timed laps.
stops for rest and water on head,

The suck was embraced

BW 164
BF 11.4
W 56.8

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...