Sunday, June 25, 2017

Back to Strong Ruck



Seems I'm fully recovered from last weeks 'whatever'  I had illness that made me so weak. It's also 20 Degrees cooler now too and that helps a lot
Not sure why my hear tolerance took such a dive this year, or, why it's taking so much time to come back but I really have been hating it lately.
Even as I get lighter, which usually helps a lot.
Gettin' older has it's mysteries and there ain't noting to do but keep on trying, so that's what I'll do. And be smart. Don't need heatstroke either

Up all night though with a sick wife so didn't get a lot of sleep in a row but overall was enough. Felt fine starting out and it was overcast and cool and that helped.

Could feel my quads straight away from the pistols but sore, not wrecked and that helped.
Gabe rucked with me and he's getting in shape so he set a solid pace and I ended up going faster than perhaps I normally would
This will help

Nice and steady pace and didn't time anything til 11th lap 7:21 which was ine

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squat holds
11th lap 7:21
 2 hours even

BW
164
BF 12.5
W 56.5

feel great
tomorrow's presses I'll go for 5 sets of 3 if things go right

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...