Saturday, June 24, 2017

40 kg One Arm swings 10 x 10/10, pistol practice , cb armcasts,weighted pushups, rear laterals



Finally back to normal. It was an "off week" all week. Today was great though. Full energy great sleep no aches or pains. even the shoulder is feeling great and closer to being in neutral than anytime I can recall. All the light band work and behind the head stick stretches in wide snatch grip are really working it seems

They seem to , better than anything else, open up the pec minor and front delt and keep my biceps tendon from being a spaz.

the short pulse band work is strengthening the right stuff in the back too, it seems.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 10/10 x 10
200 reps
17,600 lbs work

strong from start to finish. without a doubt the strongest effort on every single rep I have ever done. In my dreams my next challenge is to do this weight for the 10 minute swing test  15:15

Pistol practice
four sets of 5/5 holding onto power rack

MUCH better than last time I did these, even with the off load of arm help. I could drop right down into a full squat with my left leg no problem. this is encouraging.I noticed my left leg seeming smaller than before( or my right leg is bigger) but either way I need more resistance work for the left in isolation and it also with the quad and hip flexor statically which it seem is VERY weak

Armcasts
25 lbs x 10/10 x 3


Horit bar pushups
bw x 12
32 x 12 x 3

rear delt
20 lbs x 10 x 3

BW
164.4
BF
10.9
W
57.6

best total numbers in forever. this is good

ok goal for tomorrow's ruck is not to die :)

datsit
DFQ

5 comments:

Monika said...

Mark, would you think about making a video of your shoulder work? I've had right shoulder pain coming up to 3 years now. I'm doing some exercises now, but so far it's not improved, but it hasn't gotten worse either. I'm always looking for new ways to improve my shoulder, maybe what works for you, might work for me too? Thanks.

Mark Reifkind said...

Here's a good starting point.These are old but I still use them
https://youtu.be/f6zj0lU174I?list=PLJ2MeonIaAvzsbClm77UBSJn5eH0nvvwN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOPZRYEUH0&list=PLJ2MeonIaAvzsbClm77UBSJn5eH0nvvwN&index=4

https://youtu.be/alKOanYNtd4?list=PLJ2MeonIaAvzsbClm77UBSJn5eH0nvvwN

Monika said...

Thank you! :o)

Mark Reifkind said...

Monika

sure, start there, that will help a ton. I also use the bodymaintenace myofascial release work to also open up tight flexor muscles that are restricting ROM and joint centration ( neutral).

the behind the head stretch, with stick and the bands have really seemed to make the difference lately but it's a moving target :)

good luck, you CAN make it better, starting with not doing exercises that hurt. I stopped snatching and kb pressing because they just aren't working for my shoulder now. LOTS of substitutes

Monika said...

Thanks again! I do mostly swings and double kb cleans (love those) right now. They don't bother my shoulder. I'm just getting back doing more kb workouts again, after a hiatus. I've missed this.

Played tag of war with one of my dogs today, and she almost ripped out my right arm, not good, oh the pain. So stupid. But I'm glad I can do exercises and I'm hoping eventually the pain will be gone. I'm not getting any younger either. ;o)

As always reading about your efforts in staying strong are inspiring.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...