Monday, April 24, 2017

Military Press PR 150 x 5 x 2, 2 x 1, 24 kg squat cleans, floor pushup, rear delts crawls



Man this was a tough one. Mainly cause I was more than just a little sore in the hands, fingers, forearms and shoulders from Mike Castro's and my kettlebell partner passing session yesterday. I didn't do much but I didn't NEED to do anything. After 100 one arms with the 52 kg my arms needed rest, not more kb anything!

Got plenty of bodymaintenance in today but I was still pretty sore at the start of the workout and was wanting to take 150 out for a ride. Had no idea how it would go.

It ended up ok but i could have done better fresh.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 2
125 x 2
140 x 1
150 x 2 x 3 sets
       x 1 x 2 sets
       x 2 x 2 sets

the two missed doubles were because my biceps tendon was not behaving and I didn't push it. Once it got the set the reps weren't that bad and was actually thinking of threes but definitely not the day. this was pushing things enough
Plus my training partner was out and this was tough solo, mentally. But just another challenge to overcome.
I've always said, if you can't train alone you can't train at all

end of day this is 94 % of my old single 160 lbs. very happy with that and the good one's moved very well

Squat cleans
was going to skip this and do belt squats as my arms were cooked but I really love this move so I went lighter instead. great idea. My new favorite movement for sure
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3 x 5 sets
easy and didn't push my arms/shoulders. great stretch in the bottom of the squat for the legs too

Floor pushups
2 sets of 35
1 set of 30

better than last week

Rear laterals
3 sets of 15 with 20 lbs
strong this is such a key move for shoulder strength balance

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

hard today. just tired. time to back off all around next week

BW 167
BF 12.2
W 56.8 4am

BW 166.4
BF 9.8
W 58.3 1pm after morning fasting and green tea ( one handful almonds)

crazy!

day off tomorrow than goodness, I'm beat!

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...