Monday, April 10, 2017

Military Press 135x 8x 3,32 kg squat cleans, floor pushups, crawls,rear laterals



Ah it's good to feel strong and recovered again! Finally I've got up from this trip.
This weight felt very very controlled and strong. Body parts all together and nothing yelling at me at all.
Wearing the XOSkin shirt was nice. Tight and supportive if not a little tight in the neck for me when pressing. A slight v might be better.It was hot in the gym today and the shirt definitely helped with that. We'll see how long it can go before it starts to smell :) That's it's thing, anti microbial and thermal control. Wicks away sweat, keeps you cool or warm and doesn't smell.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 3 x 8 sets
every set was strong AS LONG AS I CRUSHED THE SHIT OUT OF THE BAR. Any rep I lost the crush grip was not as strong or solid. Set the grip, then torque it all as hard as possible THEN get under the bar and hold that tightness! Making all the difference for my press
Weight felt light in my hands and shoulder ROM is good and increasing still

Squat cleans


the 32 gave me a little trouble holding it in the rack but it's a PR! Either have to separate arms or start with the left; it's definitely weaker in the shoulder there.also trying to jump under it early doesn't work as well as the bell gets out in front. Still great overall and leg work. Love to feel that stretch reflex in and out of the bottom. I knew it felt good when I saw others do it!

Squat cleans
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 3/3 x 2

28 kg is the top weight for practice right now

Floor pushups
3 sets of 32 reps

no problem at all on the third set

Crawls
3 laps of 70 feet
strong

Rear laterals
 3 sets of 15 with 15

also strong

BW 166
BF 11.4
W 56.8

datsit
DFQ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Clean squat combo was awesome. Presses strong as usual.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Joseph, the squat cleans at 28 kg were the best. I'm not quite ready for the 32 for wor sets but it was fun. I really like the athleticism of this move

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...