Wednesday, March 01, 2017

24 kg speed swings 5 min, pyramid to 48 kg swing 1x5, walking lunge, parallel pushups, rear delts



Last workout before the test. It went very well although the creatine has my weight up to 167.6!! this morning despite eating as clean as I have in awhile. Skipped it today but will take some tomorrow but not Friday.
Don't want to worry much about my weight as the test is enough but I would love to wake up at 165 on Saturday morning. If not, no worries.
I also don't want to contract too hard, and pump too early during the test as that will slow me down. Don't laugh, it happens and it's not good for strength endurance stuff like this
I do want to top off the ATP - CP stores for the test but I think between SOME creatine, lots of red meat I've been having and the taper I should be good to go.

I have to keep remembering that this test is a test of my training spirit, and that's all. I would love to get through this strong with room to spare but the most important things are that I get through it uninjured and that I finish.

Everything else is icing on the cake.

Training felt great today and the 5 minutes went through so fast I couldn't believe it. And I went through each set and rep as hard and powerfully as I could. I know it's half the weight but it was a solid mental rehearsal for me

Speed swings
24 kg
10 sets of 10
100 reps in five minutes
5300 lbs

32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 3/3
44 kg x 5/5
48 kg x 5/5

no transfers; parked the bell and re started.
This was just what I needed. Some crisp tight reps with some heavy bells but nothing that tapped my reserves

Walking lunges
4 sets of 20 feet, slow and deep

again, a perfect choice of workloads.

Parallel pushups
3 sets of 15

Rear delt laterals
3 sets of 10 with 15s

BW 167.6
BF 12.1
W 56.8

what I don't get is that if the creatine is holding water why isn't my water percentage higher? strange. But I have never gained any mass from creatine ever before. this stuff is the real thing if increased muscle size strength and power is what you are looking for. Crazy I have to moderate it :)

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...