Monday, February 20, 2017

115 and 120 lb military press 8x3, 48 kg belt squats, Floor pushup All time rep PR, crawls, rear delts



It's all easy when it's light. And the reps are low :)

Dropped down to ( what I thought was ) 120 lbs ( first four sets were 115), brought my grip in a tag ( to really get the forearms vertical and lowered the reps to three and MAN it felt great! I thought out load " why doesn't my shoulder feels this good on max weight/pr days?"

But I forgot to put the 2.5 lb plates back on that Glenn and I was sharing til I figured it out for the last four sets. didn't feel any different. It's incredible though just how much a difference 5 lbs can make in this movement!
I think speed work and chains might actually be good for training this. AND  a max effort day as well. Have to think this through.

Perhaps
KB press max effort
bottoms up press max effort
24 kg see saw press max reps

for the speed day it would be just like bench speed day, 8-10 sets of 3 with short rest and triples at 70 % ( which ironically is about what I used today-115 lbs!) THEN like bench speed day, take 2-3 singles above the training weight.

This could work!
Alternate weeks though not two pressing session a week

Week 1 speed press
Week 2 max effort press
Week 3 speed press
Week 4 max effort press

and so on, alternating.

Military press
stick x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 3
115 x 3 x 4
120 x 3 x 4 sets  duh!

best form though yet

48 kg belt squats
4 sets of 10
strong but legs are tired and sore. needed to back off a bit in volume

Floor pushups
1 x 60 !! All Time PR
2 x 25

had video taken but someone ( you know who) forgot to turn it on. oh well it was seriously strong. WAAAY stronger than my last pr of 50. I will do 65 next time I test this. and now I can see that 100 continuous is possible . On a good day. A very very good day.

The subsequent sets of 25 were in amazement though. I expected to drop to tens!

Crawls
 3 sets of 70 ft

low and fast in the pouring rain!

Rear delts
20 lbs x 3 x 15 12 12

BW 4 am
166.4
BF 12.1
W 56.8

after bath 1 pm
166
9.9

datsit
DFQ

Great tutorial on the OH press by Brian Alsruhe a strongman competitor MONSTER . Great coach too




No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...