Saturday, October 01, 2016

48 kg One Arm Swing 10x10/10 9th time, barbell hacks, sandbag pushups, rear delts

Ne Kukaj Nego
Radi

This is Croatian for " Stop whining, Work!" and is on the front of the shirt I'm wearing in the video ,given to me by Aleksandar Miketa of Center Miketa in Rijecka Croatia. An SMK Sr. Instructor and one the best instructors I know.

It summed up my attitude towards today's training. I was  a bit more nervous than usual from missing last weeks workout with the 48 and in general all workouts last week.

I was hoping it wouldn't wreck me and it didn't. In fact, while today wasn't the strongest ever session it was easily in 2nd or 3rd place. Shows me I am ready to test in two weeks

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 4/4

48 kg x 10/10 x 10 9th time
21,200  Ten Tons

The first five sets were some of the all time best! I could tell when I did my first hike pass the bell felt LIGHT! that it was going to be ok. Surprisingly it was my grip that was the main source of weakness during the workout. That and a little power shortage at the end but over all no problem

AND very happy to see I am doing my ten reps in 15 seconds! solid pace. excellent.

My Mantra was just "shut up" as I stepped onto the platform. Energy was solid, wind was solid groove was strong, just a little in the left hand grip
I also finished the last two sets starting on the right. It's just stronger that way when I'm tired to begin with. I will start on my right arm for the test so I can finish on the left hand

VERY happy with this session

Barbell hacks
65 x 6
95 x 6
115 x 6
135 x 6

time to go up this is getting easy

Sandbag pushups
bw x 12
32 x 12 x 3

solid too

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 15/s

almost too light now for rears

BW 162.4
BF 11.4
W 57.2

had brown rice last night and it was perfect . Rice and grassfed butter! YUM
going to focus on intermittment fast til my first meal of veg egg stir fry then go back a carb based whole grain meal ( rice oats or beans) for second mea. Of course wine  and cold water fish in there too.
Off yoghurt for awhile  making me gassy

ruck up tomorrow!

datsit
DFQ


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly amazing you can use that much weight. Very inspirational!!

Mark Reifkind said...

thank you much! I love feeling strong again

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...