Sunday, September 18, 2016

Freaking FAST ruck!! All time lap PR

 I knew I felt fast from the first steps. Nothing hurt, legs felt loose and strong, a rare combination. Especially after the 200 reps yesterday but I thought it might be good and it was. I just didn't know HOW good it was going to be.

Mind was strong, lungs were open early and the pack felt like nothing on my back

50 lb ruck
12 laps
10 iso squats
4th lap 7:56
8th lap 7:14 !! lap pr
12th lap 6:49!!!!! All time Lap PR!!!

Man I was hoping for 7:03, one second better than my previous best. The 7:14 lap took a little out of me but I had plenty in the tank when I started the 12th lap. I really pushed hard the whole time and really don't know how I can walk faster than this without breaking into a jog, which I actually did twice for a few steps going over some mud.

14 second increase! fantastic. and I feel fully recovered already. perfect

BW 162.6
BF 11.6
W 57 %

I think it's the reverse Samson effect; I got my high and tight haircut back Friday and have felt strong eversince :)

Mind over matter

2 sets of 4 and 3x3 with 140 tomorrow in the press and then I'm off to London for a week. Perfect time for a back off week too

datsit
DFQ

thanks for the inspiration Frank

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...